About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Merseyside, United Kingdom
I am Maxine Lee (well hello there), a Liverpool (UK) based illustrator and designer, freelancing since graduating with a BA(Hons) in Digital Arts in 2004.

Tuesday 31 August 2010

First Things First - Market Stall Apron pics

So, this was a quick and super-easy tute - ran into a couple of problems with my decorative stitches which were pure human error. My machine (its a Singer 7442...say nothing, I already know*) punched right through the bulk of the material folds which, I must admit, are pretty thick.

If I make the apron again (always a possibility, nice to have choices) I'd make it slightly wider to accommodate my wide hips, maybe even round the bottom corners...it'd be nice to add a zip too to stop my change falling out when I'm scrabbling around under the table for the stuff that wont fit in my apron. I'd use a better contrasting thread too.

I used a white cotton twill with a mid-pink thread and Barbara Jones (Henry Glass) 'Simply Sweet' misprinted material in yet another vain attempt at using up my scraps/misprints.

No comments:

Post a Comment