About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Merseyside, United Kingdom
I am Maxine Lee (well hello there), a Liverpool (UK) based illustrator and designer, freelancing since graduating with a BA(Hons) in Digital Arts in 2004.

Saturday 28 August 2010

First Things First...

http://sew4home.com/projects/kitchen-linens/563-turquoise-2010-marketcraft-apron

The first, and last, craft fair I did made me realise I was pretty under-prepared to sell anything...I hadn't anticipated a lot of sales and under-estimated the amount of people who would turn up to a school fair. I was on the floor scrabbling for change, trying to shove leaflets into paper bags, explaining my prices over and over...I could have at least not been bobbing up and down for change if I'd made myself a market stall apron. As soon as I got home I had a look for some inspiration/patterns for what I needed...that was in July. I've just booked 3 craft fairs for the run up to Christmas and dug this pattern out again...I'll post the finished article as soon as Im done :) Anyone with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment